Do you know what you are buying when you purchase an organic product? And an ecological one? Differences between organic, ecological, biological, vegan and sustainable hygiene products.
Nowadays due to the social networks revolution, what we call healthy lifestyle has become more and more fashionable, a movement carried out by the realization of physical activity and the consumption of "natural" products joined by thousands of influencers and bloggers besides the millions of users who follow these profiles.
In Brushboo we have analysed this trend and we have discovered that in many cases, the terms for natural products are not used correctly, neither for food products nor for everyday products, so in this post we will briefly explain the difference between a concept and another so that when you see a product with any of the following certificates, you will know what you are consuming.
Generally, the three terms organic, biological and ecological qualify the ingredients, products or materials that are extracted from a responsible cultivation, which is also respectful with the environment, however, the various certifications make some small differentiations. The terms vegan and sustainable are also fundamental within this healthy lifestyle. Below you will find information about each one.
- Organic products are those whose production:
- Helps maintain and increase soil fertility.
- It uses crop rotation as a natural way of regenerating the land.
- Prevents erosion of the field and loss of biodiversity in the subsoil.
- Maintains the purity of the groundwater springs.
- Ecological products are those whose production:
- Uses best environmental practices.
- Get the most out of natural resources.
- Applies demanding standards on animal and plant welfare.
- It uses renewable resources integrated in local systems.
- Biological products are those whose production:
- Carries out a natural process of species selection.
- It contributes to an improvement of the genetic patrimony closing the reproductive cycle of the species.
- It supports the preservation of a high level of biodiversity.
- Vegan products are those that has been manufactured without any animal material or any derivative from animals.
- Sustainable products are those that leave a minimal mark on the environment and which, therefore, reduce the environmental impact compared to other products of the same range/industry.
The most serious error within these nomenclatures is to name all products that have any of these stamps or certifications as natural products. While it is true that some may be, others will be only in a percentage.
Brushboo is considered an organic, ecological, biological, vegan and sustainable product not only for its manufacturing processes and the materials it uses, but also for the measures it uses to collaborate with the environment:
- Brushboo ships its toothbrushes with bamboo seeds for domestic plantation, a plant that generates 30% more oxygen than other plants and is also fast growing.
- The packaging used is 100% recyclable.
- 10% of the profits are donated to Plant for the Planet.
Now you have all the knowledge to join this healthy lifestyle and ... Brushboo can be a good start!😉