World Water Week - Productos Ecológicos

FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER 30€🚨

World Water Week

Did you know that water covers approximately 71% of the earth’s surface while the remaining 29% corresponds to landmass? Did you also know that a large part of the planet is at risk of desertification? On the occasion of the World Water Week, which this year takes place from August 20 to 24, from
Brushboo
we want to reflect on the importance of water and the consequences of its lack.

The theme of World Water Week 2023 is.
Seeds of change: innovative solutions for a water-smart world.
. It invites us to rethink how we manage water and what ideas, innovations and governance systems we need in a more unstable and water-scarce world.

The importance of water for our lives

Water is fundamental to our lives and plays a crucial role in many aspects. Indeed, it is essential for the survival of all living beings on the planet. It is crucial for the proper functioning of the biological processes of ecosystems, but also to ensure the survival of all animal and plant species that inhabit our planet.

Organisms depend on water to carry out their basic biological functions. We must stay well hydrated because water is necessary to regulate body temperature, transport nutrients and eliminate wastes through urine and sweat.

It also has a cellular function. This means that water is a major component of our body cells. It aids in vital processes such as cellular respiration, digestion and nutrient absorption. To this we have to add that it is the main means of transporting nutrients in the body. It helps to deliver nutrients to the cells and to eliminate waste products through the circulatory system.

Water plays a fundamental role in the digestion and absorption of food. It helps break down food and facilitates the absorption of nutrients in the digestive system. It also contributes to the proper functioning of the immune system by helping to eliminate toxins and maintain a proper balance in the body. And, of course, it is essential for the proper functioning of the kidneys as they help filter wastes and toxins from the body through urine.

Finally, it contributes to healthy and radiant skin by moisturizing the skin while improving its elasticity and preventing dryness.

Water is a natural resource vital to our survival and well-being. It is important to take care of it and raise awareness about its responsible use.

Consequences of water shortages

Lack of water can have a number of negative consequences for both humans and the environment. Among them, we can highlight:

  • Dehydration
  • Health problems
  • Food shortages
  • Species extinction and disruption of ecological balances
  • Loss of biodiversity
  • Conflicts and social tensions due to lack of water resources
  • Economic losses, unemployment and slowdown in economic growth

It is important to take measures to conserve and use water responsibly, as well as to seek sustainable solutions to address the challenges related to water scarcity.

Tips for responsible water use

What can we do to use water responsibly? There are measures that we can add in our daily lives to reduce water consumption and thus contribute to water conservation.

  • Turn off the faucets. Keep the faucet turned off when you are not using water. You can do this, for example, when brushing your teeth or washing your hair.
  • Take a shower instead of a bath. Try to reduce shower time to save even more water.
  • Reuse water. You will be able to reuse the water for different domestic activities, especially for watering your plants. You will be able to do it with rainwater.
  • Opt for efficient household appliances. These appliances are designed to use less water without compromising performance.
  • Irrigate plants efficiently. Avoid the hottest hours of the day. Water them early in the morning or in the evening to minimize water loss by evaporation.
  • Fix leaks. Check and repair any water leaks in your home. Leaks can waste large amounts of water over time.

Remember that every little bit counts when it comes to conserving water.

DON'T LET THEM ESCAPE!

"Lots of little people, in little places, doing little things, can change the world."

Galeano