Useful tips for the oral hygiene of the little ones.
Milk teeth are formed between the first year and the third year of our child's life.However, at this age it is not advisable to give them a toothbrush since they will not have the ability, the ability, nor the desire to learn how to handle it. This does not mean that attention should not be paid to oral hygiene, on the contrary! We have the age that we have, the mouth is a warehouse of bacteria so we always have to pay attention to your cleaning, in one way or another.
It is advisable, for example, to clean the mouth daily with a wet gauze from when they are born until they start their teeth, once their first teeth are out of milk, the recommendation of dentists and the American Dental Association (ADA) is that of Use a specially adapted brush and a special tooth paste for children, with a low amount of fluoride, even if it prevents cavities and improves the cleaning process, it can lead to intoxication.
The fundamental thing in the hard habit that is to wash the teeth to the little ones, is to do with the appropriate brush. In Brushboo we have detected the need for an eco-friendly, vegan, fun and adapted brush to the little ones to wash their teeth and to teach them to wash them up is a simpler and more convenient task.
It is also recommended that an adult wash or help to wash the child's teeth during the first few years of life, while over the 3 or 4 years (when they obtain greater skill in the hand and interest), they should be taught that they themselves do so, always with supervision until they master the technique. In no case should other oral hygiene accessories such as floss be used until the child has grown and completed its natural denture (over the age of 12 or 13).
Some tips for children to learn how to wash their teeth more effectively apply their learning more effectively:
- Give it away from early on Brushboo children's brush, you will see that it is different and more fun, so you will be more eager to release it and use it, you will also be introducing it into values such as respect for the environment.
- Wash your teeth next to the little one, children love to feel older! Furthermore, take an example of the people in charge, if you use a Brushboo brush too, you will like it even more, as you will feel closer to you and take an example.
- Teach it in front of the mirror and ask it to follow your movements while you explain them little by little to learn how to perform them in the same way and at the same time.
- Let him try only/a but under your supervision. When you do it in the right way, please congratulate you, if you do not do so in the right way, ask that you repeat it always motivating you and letting you know what you can.
- Create a system of incentives: you can put a blackboard or paper in the fridge and give it a sticker to put it every time you wash your teeth. When you get 20 stickers for example, you're congratulated on a bag of chuches, letting you know that you can only eat chuches if you wash your teeth well, or you'll get caries.
- If you observe that washing your teeth does not like it and it seems to you a boring task in which there is no way to motivate you, propose reading a story, putting music or performing some activity that can entertain the little one as you wash your teeth so that time will pass faster.
- It is essential to get the child used to not eating anything after brushing.
The goal will always be that the little one or the little one gets a routine and a habit, as well as raising awareness of the importance of washing the teeth every morning and after every meal. The earliest ages are the ones that will most influence the hygiene habits that you adopt in your growth, so it is essential to start talking to you soon and to instruct you in the oral cleansing.
In Brushboo we have available a family pack, so that washing your teeth is a healthy habit in the family. Will you miss it?