Do you know what you are buying when you see the marking of an organic product? And a bio?
Today with social networks, what we call healthy lifestyle has become fashionable, a movement starring physical activity and the consumption of "natural" products, which is joined by thousands of influencers and bloggers in addition to the millions of users who follow these profiles.
From Brushboo we have analyzed this trend and have discovered that on many occasions the terms that are used are not used correctly, neither for food products nor for everyday products, so in this post we briefly explain the difference between a concept and another so that when you see a certified product yourself you know well what you are consuming.
- They are organic those products whose manufacture:
- It contributes to maintaining and increasing the fertility of the soil.
- It uses crop rotation as a natural form of land regeneration.
- It prevents the erosion of the field and the loss of biodiversity in the subsoil.
- Maintains the purity of groundwater springs
- They are ecological those products whose manufacture:
- Employ best environmental practices.
- Manages to preserve natural resources to the maximum.
- Apply strict standards on animal and plant welfare.
- Uses renewable resources integrated into local systems.
- They are biological those products whose manufacture:
- A natural process of species selection is carried out.
- It contributes to an improvement of the genetic heritage by closing the reproductive cycle of the species.
- Supports the preservation of a high level of biodiversity out a natural process of species selection.
Vegan products are those whose manufacture has not used any animal products or derivatives.
They are sustainable those products that leave a minimal footprint on the environment and, therefore, reduce the environmental impact compared to other products in the same range.
The most serious error within these nomenclatures is to name all products that have any of these stamps or certifications as natural products. While it is true that some may be, others will be only in a percentage.
- The shipment includes bamboo seeds for home planting, a plant that generates 30% more oxygen than other plants and is also fast growing.
- The packaging used is 100% recyclable.
- 10% of the profits are donated toPlant fot the Planet.
Now you do have all the knowledge to join this healthy lifestyle and… Brushboo can be a good start!