Planet earth needs our collaboration. Therefore, we must adopt in our daily life a super important rule to preserve our environment, the three R´s: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
Imagine if we all lived by applying the 3 R's rule?
1. Separate the garbage at home so that it can be recycled correctly.
Just by helping to put the trash in the proper container from home, you are doing the environment a great favor. It is normal to have confusion when sorting garbage, so with the little information below, you will learn the basics for sorting so that you later become a recycling master.
There are 5 colors to differentiate the different types of garbage:
Paper and paperboard.
Glass; like bottles, jars or jars. Remember to remove any type of cover before putting it on!
Plastic containers, aluminum and wooden boxes.
It is a new color and is initially being implemented in the capital (Madrid), with the intention of expanding throughout the country; and is designed for organic waste.
In case you didn't know, dirty cork stoppers and napkins fall into this category! It is worth noting that, since they are still new and not all localities have it, this type of garbage can be thrown in the orange container 👇🏼
Garbage in general that do not fall into the other categories.
Finally, there are also the clean points, which are places where you can dispose of garbage that you cannot deposit in the containers, for example, household appliances, furniture, etc. You must locate the closest to you first.
2. Save electricity consumption
Not only the planet will not thank you, our pocket too. Most of us are unaware of hundreds of small actions that can have a great positive impact on our energy consumption:
- Disconnect all plugged equipment that you are not using, a great example is the chargers for mobiles or computers, microwaves, mixers, heaters, etc.
- Buy inverter technology equipment they consume less energy. Although they are more expensive than regular equipment, you will be surprised when the consumer bill arrives.
- Replace your traditional bulbs with bulbs LED, reaches a maximum performance and are much more friendly with the environment. There are also light bulbs low consumptionHowever, they are not as efficient in the long term and contain toxic substances.
3. Build a mini gardenThis way, you will consume fresh food free of toxic substances such as pesticides and at the same time you will help the environment and have a healthier life. You can use your organic waste as compost too!
4. Replace everyday items with eco friendly alternatives.
There are thousands of everyday objects to replace in your home; Among the most common we can mention: plastic bags for reusable bags, toothbrushesmade from #brushboo bamboo and not plastic; use packaging and bamboo bottles#brushboo and / or glass, since the plastic releases toxic substances harmful to your health, take tap or filtered water to lower the consumption of plastic bottles, etc.
5. Replace the car with walks, bikes or skateboardsand go upstairs instead of taking the elevator. ¡Not only do you help the planet but you maintain a good figure 😉!
6. Join the Robinson listIf you don't want to get publicity and waste paper in your mailbox. It is very simple and you can do it online.
7. ¡Donate unused clothing!So people who really need it can enjoy it. Remember, for new things to enter your closet you must leave free space! 😉